Remove tail light lens 1997 Ranger - How

Hi - I need to replace the left rear brake bulb in my 1997 Ford Ranger. I removed the two screws from the lens, but I can't figure how to remove the lens itself. It seems where is some kind of sleeve on the lens on the bed side of the truck.

The owners manual has nothing about lens removal, and the manual for a 1996 ranger shows that the lens for that model years is held in place by 4 screws.

Question 1: How to I remove the lens on my '97 Ranger?

Question 2: Can anyone point me to a website that has the instructions?

Thanks

Joe

Reply to
Joe727

open the tailgate and look at what would be the side of the lens, I bet youll find 2 more screws in there.

Reply to
ShoeSalesman

There are - thanks for the head up. New bulb installed.

Joe

Reply to
Joe727