Removing Battery from Ford Mondeo

Hi all,
I have a Ford Mondeo L Reg Mk1, and the battery in it, isn't holding full charge. I have ordered a new one, and hopefully should get it tomorrow (Monday), however I'm unsure if its ok
to full remove.
If I remove it, will it not mess up the onboard computer, and the built in alarms that came with it, and anything else that needs a constant power supply? Do I need to remove the old one in a set way? I have a boaster pack, that provides power to the battery to start it, should I place these on the leads when removing it, to keep a power supply going through?
Any advice very much appreciated.
--
Cheers
Shai Boy

IF you want to retain everything, use a booster (jumper cable) to a second car. Use same rules you do when jumping car to start. Second car need not be running.
Attach the positive to the shank of the positve cable connector or to the terminal at other end of that cable. Make sure is is secure and wont pop off.
Attach negative to bare metal on engine.
Have an old discarded heavy sock or heavy rubber glove ready.
Remove or loosen battery hold-down to free battery
Detach negative term from battery first, then positive. Slide the sock or glove over the positive and carefully move aside.
Replace battery
Attach positive first, then negative

Thanks for your reply.
So would disconnecting the battery normally cause problems? I don't mind resetting the clock and that, but what else could it affect?
--
Cheers
Shai Boy
Shaiboy_UK wrote:

It would affect your car's computer. But, your car's computer has a built-in way of updating itself. It runs a program that let's it learn your car's characteristics.
Jeff

Really? on a L Reg Mondeo?
--
Cheers