Removing Control Module

I have a 1988 Mercury Grand Marquis & I'm trying to remove the control module. Problem is, good GOD is it freaking hard to do.
The 1st screw, on the top right, is easy enough--although quite annoyingly I
had to buy a special $5 device because a typical 7/32" (the size it is) is too shallow to reach in because it's so deeply recessed.
The main problem, though, is the bottom-left screw; the space between that screwhole and an interfering device from the engine is barely the thickness of a straw. I can't imagine what kind of tool could remove a screw in those tight of quarters.
My question is--what kind of tool could POSSIBLY remove this? Also--some have suggested moving the bolt that controls the distributor cap but then that could mess up the timing--which would be ANOTHER repair to contend with. But yet another told me--a repairmen at the Ford dealer no less--said timing isn't an issue with a 1988 Mercury Grand Marquis.
Tips?
LRH
It's not hard at all, I assume you don't have a timing light. Mark the dist housing with relation to the engine block. Now all you have to do is loosen the dist. and turn it far enough to get that screw out. Once that's done line your marks back up and tighten the dist. Stay away from the mechanic who says your timing isn't an issue. Bob

Yeah, thanks I did that--but it was MUCH harder than I thought. Getting to the bolt that loosened the distributor cap was EXTREMELY hard--not as hard as it would've been getting to that lower-left screw, but it was hard--heck, the guy at the hardware store selling me parts did it for me he got so tired of hearing me cuss & scream at the car trying to move that danged nut.
Why in the WORLD do they put those nuts/bolts etc in the hardest-to-reach places? I know there's a lot there under the hood, but still--dang.
LRH

I've made some special tools. I cut the end off a 12mm open wrench, and ground off most of the sides, so I could take a manifold off a some V6 without removing the carburetor. I also heated a 12mm wrench with a torch and bent it into an S to get at a Datsun carburetor.
My dad had a whole tool box of "special" tools that he might have only used once or twice.