removing exhaust crossover???

here's the deal,i have to remove trans on 92 grand marquis to get to rear seal, the crossover has got to come down to lower trans ,i almost broke my
back manouvering it around the pipes on a floor jack a few years back and a m about to try it that way again, i have a smaller type compresser and torque equipment,but no torch equipment to heat or cut,so whats the best way with what i have to get the bolts out without breaking or stripping them,i have heard stories that they have to be heated up or special tools are needed,whats the scoop,are they that hard or is thier a method to help me, thanks bob
On Fri, 25 Jul 2008 09:15:53 -0500, "Bob Fox"

I have had some luck with PB Blaster. Douse it good and let it sit overnight. Give it another bath a couple of minutes before you start work. Once you get them off, use a copper base antiseize compound on the threads to make it easier next time. I gave up on putting things together with no thought to possible future need to disassemble. It seems another round was always guaranteed before I was ready to get rid of the vehicle.
Lugnut
another good trick is to heat the nuts and bolt up with a burnz-o-matic torch, and put candle wax on the threads. the wax will get sucked up into the threads between the nut and bolt. then let it cool off, and the wax will break the seal and act as a lubricant, letting the nuts come off.

thanks to all for some ideas,i'll consider them all

This isn't the answer you want, but if you want to do the big jobs, you have to have the proper tools. If you don't have the proper tools, let somebody do it who does.
You can probably get the job done, but it will take quite awhile.
use an air wrench to break them loose.....sheesh