Removing interior door panel

My drivers side electric window is stuck in the down position. I am sure it is some kind of relay that needs replacing but I can't get the interior door panel off. Can anyone help me.

Reply to
Ruth B via CarKB.com

It would be much easier to help you if we knew the model, body style and year of car or truck you are talking about.

Reply to
Jeff

Sorry... can't answer your question since the reply will be hijacked from alt.autos.ford by a web forum that can't get any real participation... Repost in usenet and you will get answers.

Reply to
Jim Warman

"Ruth B via CarKB.com" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@CarKB.com:

Aw nuts! Ruth... quit patronizing those ripoffs and have someone show you how to use newsgroups, at least on google. This is alt.autos.ford

There are two ways the panels are fastened.

But first remove all the screws around the armrest and door handle, some may be covered with plastic plugs.

Look closely as you remove, some screws are only there to hold fascia, switch trim etc and dont need removed.

Pull outward on center of panel to see if it's free

Then, attempt to slide the panel up, if it does then just swing bottom out to disengage, note the top of panel lips over the inner frame.

If it doesnt push upward, then using a heavy solid spatula (best tool for the job, anything else, like screwdriver invites damage), start at lower corner and attempt to pop the fasteners.

Some fasteners may stay in door, remove and reinstall in panel before putting it back.

BTW, that plastic or paper lining over the metal is there for a reason. put it back best as you can or you will be sorry next winter.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Backyard Mechanic wrote in news:Xns96BBDAC2E1F81pettyfogery@207.115.63.158:

Sorry... slip the spatula-like device BETWEEN the panel and door at lower corner..to pop the 'blind fasteners'

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic