removing the gas tank on a '96 ford ranger (3.0, 4x4)

removing the gas tank on a '96 ford ranger
Anyone have any idea on how to disconnect the wires from the top of the gas tank? This seems to be a strange type of connector. Not sure if
it's meant to be removed. Each wire has a small square rubber piece where it plugs in. I'm not sure how to get this apart! Do the wires come out separately or all together as a plug?
thx
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

You left out an important detail... why are you taking out the tank?
Rob
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

The anwer depends on why you are taking the tank out...
Are you there?
Rob
The electric fuel pump is not working. I checked the inertia switch for voltage and that it wasn't tripped. Looks good.
I wanted to check the voltage at the pump, but couldn't get the plug off, and then just decided to pull the tank and replace the pump (and check voltage and ground at the pump) . Very difficult tank to remove. Someone suggested to slip the bed off. Not a bad idea!
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com says...

That's what my Ford dealer did. The bed just needs to be unbolted and slipped part way off, not completely removed.
--
I. Care