repairs

my car wont strat the timing belt is ok there is no problem with fuel spark or starter it has no compression after overheating when it broke down

Reply to
JINTS

Is there a question or are you just letting everyone know?

If you have a question, it might be nice to know what kind of car it is and the engine size....

Reply to
Rick

That could well be your problem.

Reply to
joe schmoe

If you have NO compression, there's a misreading here..I think.

Unless you overheated to the point of burning up the pistons

You're going to have to, at least, pull the valve cover.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Thought on about it, try squirting oil into the cylinder and check your compression. If you've still got no compression and your pistons are moving and your valves are closing you might have holes burnt through your pistons (Hey, you never know !)

Let us know what you find out

Reply to
joe schmoe

"After overheating when it broke down....". For most modern motors, overheating is a situation that they cannot tolerate. But, I'm reminded we could be working on a 72 Pinto... or maybe a 1962 Borgward Issabella.... any other number of guesses can apply....

Personally, if I have a "cooked" motor, I wont spend the time of day.... this thing will turn into a hobby in short order. Cheap ain't!!!!

Reply to
Jim Warman