Reparing Leak in Tire Side Wall

Page 5 of 5
snipped-for-privacy@76.usenet.us.com posted for all of us...

Dats Nize
--
Tekkie

Wow, what long thread, eh? LOL!!
Hope all had a good Thanksgiving.
Not taking away from anyone else, but, Clare, your postings are always great to read. I appreciate your sharing the wealth! Especially helpful to me working on my Aerostar, radiator, etc, etc..... I had to change handles a few weeks ago...
I have a slow lead in the side wall that came from scraping some kind of sharp object laying by the curb. Looks like a 1/2-inch cut, but jagged. Tire is tubeless radial. Is it possible to patch something like this on the side wall? Patch kits say they are for the tread but don't say specifically not to use them on the side.
2nd thought -- can I put a tube in it? Seems like I remember tire places say tubeless can't be fixed with a tube, but I can't see why not.
Anyway, thanks in advance for any help.
SJ