Replace plug wires on '94 4.6L

'94 Tbird LX V8, 68k mi.
This 4.6 has a 4-wire "distributor" on each cylinder bank.
Each "distributor" feeds spark to 2 cyl's on its bank as well as
2 cyl's on the opposite bank.
Numerous wires are routed under the alternator, just in back of the alt. mounting plate and where there is not enough space to pull a plug wire.
To replace such wires, the alt. has to be completely removed? If so, what are the chances that the 14-year-old elec. connector on the alt. will fail when removed?
I searched for install details and found very little. Other stuff (i.e. diaelec. grease) I know about (no problem).
Thx, Puddin'
"Sometimes, to be silent is to Lie." - philosopher Miguel Unamuno, during the Spanish Civil War
pretty common nowadays to remove alt to put wires on, just disconect battery before you do it. ive seen some guys cut the old wires to remove and rout new ones above to avoid alt removal.
Remove the alternator. Make sure you use Ford wires. Use dielectric grease on the boots and at the coil packs. Be very careful on wire routing. The under hood electronics in 94 and 95 are a little less tolerant of EMI and RFI compared to later models.

Thanks. Done all that and more. Even took a marker and numbered the damned wires (cyl. #), something that Our Dear And Lovable Motorcraft would Never, Ever, Ever Do. :-)
Cheers, P
"Sometimes, to be silent is to Lie." - philosopher Miguel Unamuno, during the Spanish Civil War