replace rear brake light 93 Taurus wagon

I have to ask again -

93 taurus wagon needs new rear top brake lite. I have the new bulb. The manual only tells how to remove a sedan brake lightfixture.

No screws, etc outsside. Inside tail door two screws under brake light. Took nuts off both, but fixture won't pull off from outside. Am I not prying enuf or missing something or ?

I posted this on 8/20. I was answered that there were four screws/nuts, not two. But I still find only two:(

Brad

Reply to
avalanche*

pull it up and toward the front of the car

Reply to
terrorizer3

wrote

It's not a matter of him pulling. It's that he refuses to believe that there's 4 nuts instead of 2, obviously hasn't followed the website links or directions he's been given by several people, looked at the pictures on the linked sites, or removed any trim pieces or rubber plugs under which he'd find the other 2 nuts.

He won't even believe this pic of a 94 that I found on eBay, added red circles around all >4< studs, and put on my homepage is the same as his 93.

eBay page:

My brightened and circled pic:

MasterBlaster

"MasterBlaster" > > I not prying enuf or missing something or ?

Ahhhh Yes ! The robot on the assembly line went nuts that day and welded the other access holes shut !

Bill

Reply to
Bill Kitterman

Personally, he's convinced me my advice was all wrong and what he needs is a crowbar to apply to the outside of the fixture. It's a little stiff, but it can be done.

Reply to
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

On Tue, 12 Sep 2006 12:41:03 GMT, "MasterBlaster"

I appeciate all your help, really. But I have inside the tailgate only two plugs in line with the centered bulb. Under them two nuts/screws. Not four in corners as shown in your pics.

I'll look again. [sigh!]

I'm now couple of weeks driving around with a big R inspection sticker

- I'll let you know:)

Brad

Reply to
avalanche*

"avalanche*" wrote

Ummm...... "bulb" as in only one?

All the sites, pictures, online manuals, Haynes manual (beside me) and wiring diagrams I have show 2 bulbs in the high-mount light, with the washer nozzle in between.

If not, what kind of freaky (aftermarket?) thing do you have up there, or did someone screw a sedan type (inside) light to your wagon's tailgate?

Does the butt end of your car look exactly like this?

Is the outside housing of your light the same as that pic and the other eBay one, or does it look more like this (narrower, no overlapping housing)?
I don't suppose you have a digital camera?

Reply to
MasterBlaster

in the center trim ring around rear hatchback which is near brake light easy access to bulb you dont even need to take out the two nuts Brad

Reply to
terrorizer3