replace rear top Taurus lite

Just to give the folks that offered help a laugh...

In Aug/Sep I asked how to remove Taurus wagon rear top mount brake lite fixture to change the bulb. Several helpful answers referred me to instructions and diagrams...which didn't match my car. Everyone said undo 4 screws, but I still have only 2.

After couple of weeks, as a friend and I were to leave for the Loudon NASCAR race, I hit the brake and said "Bill, does this lite really not work?"

Of course it still lit up fine! Don't know whether the garage was trying for an extra repair or somehow stupidly missed it. Felt stupid, but thanks again. At least I got a sticker.

Brad

Reply to
Avalanche