Replacing 2006 Ford Freestar Audio Package

Advice on replacing 2006 Ford Freestar Audio Package

I have a factory installed Single CD player, FM Radio & DVD player kit in my Ford Freestar and the DVD player runs off the aux connection. The package has no Cassette player.

I want to replace the whole unit because: (1) My XM Satellite Radio is now connected to an unused FM Band here in my home area and that is no good when travelling across the country because you are always having to search for an unused FM Band.. In my earlier Windstar Model the XM SR ran off a cassette inserted in the Cassette port and that meant perfect reception everywhere no matter where. The Service rep at my Ford Dealership says that Ford no longer makes audio packages with Cassette players??..although the users manual for the existing Factory installed kit does recognize cassette player configuration??Is this Service Mgr lying when he says that Ford does not make Cassette units?

(2) I have lots of Home made DVDs (-R) which play beautifully on all of my units in the house but in the Ford Freestar DVD player there is a hiccup every 20 to 60 seconds depending on the DVD. I know the Owners Manual says that these players are not made to play home made DVDs but they still do work but with the hiccup. By hiccup I mean a very brief interruption or pause then the play resumes??.

Can anyone suggest how I might improve my existing audio kit to play Satellite Radio and DVDs properly?

OR??..Can anyone recommend an audio kit that will fit my vehicle that plays Cassettes, CDs (single cds) and has an aux connection for the DVD player and a DVD player that plays home made DVDS like my in-house players do?

Thanks for reading this??all comments appreciated.

TJ

Reply to
TJ