Replacing 97 CV engine, starter questions

I am getting ready to replace the 4.6L engine in my 97 CV. I've been told I should replace the starter at the same time because they're such a bitch to replace later, but I'm also being told not to, as the
one on the replacement engine with 70k miles is just as likely to die as a rebuilt one. Opinions?
On Fri, 24 Feb 2006 17:40:20 -0500, The Ghost of General Lee

how many amps does it draw? h u r c
On Fri, 24 Feb 2006 19:12:40 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

I do not know. It's a P71 model, w/ 200 amp alternator, but I wouldn't expect the starter to draw any more amperage than the civilian model.
Unless you plan to remove and install the engine and trans together, it will not be any more difficult to install the starter at a later date than it is now; if your original starter was working fine, then use it and keep the other as a spare..