replacing balljoints

how do i replace the left side lower balljoint on a 95 ford contour?

Get a service manual. It will instruct you how in detail.

available (third party) to bolt in.. The book says to remove the lower control arm. On the right side that is easy. On the left it is NOT. One of the retaining bolts hits the transmission so the sub frame needs to be dropped. NOT A NICE JOB. On mine I cut the head of that bolt off and pulled the bolt out from below and replaced the bolt head side down. You SHOULD be able to remove the ball joint with the arm still in place. I had to remove mine because the inner bushings were shot.