Replacing battery on keyless entry pad

I have an '04 F250 and the battery on the door mounted key pad for the keyless entry system seems to be running low.
Acording to the owner's manual, this key pad is not powered by the
truck's battery, but has it's own self contained battery that is only available at and only servicable by a Ford dealership.
I assume that I can really get the proper battery from another (cheaper) source and replace it myself. However, if someone has done this I would like to know the proper method of removing the key pad or otherwise accessing it's battery.
I realize that I will have to reprogram my code after this is done.
Thanks, Christopher
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Are you serious?
My keyless entry doesn't work either, but I thought it was connected to the car's electrical system, not powered by its own source.
--
Don't drink water, fish have sex in it!

Some of them are actually just stuck on the door and work like your key fob remote control. Those have no wiring into the inside of the vehicle.
CJB

Clever. I think mine is one of the stuck on kind. I'll look for a way to open it up to replace what I assume is a watch style battery.
If anyone has done this though, please fill me in so I don't break something.
Christopher
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

You will hafta reprogram your computer 1st its hicupping