Replacing Cig lighter in AU Falcon-how to get it out!!

The Cig lighter in a AU Falcon 1999 has blown, replaced all fuses etc and tested lighter in another car and it works fine so something is wrong with the lighter socket so need to replace, however I cannot
fiqure out how to get to the lighter out as it's all but sealed within the dashboard panel which also houses the Radio etc. Any idea how to get access to the lighter? I have tried removing all screws which hold the panel in place (the one's I can see anyway), but the panel does not budge. Any ideas would be appreciated as I don't have a workshop manual.
Thanks
Grant W