Replacing driver door latch - 99 taurus

Good day all. My question isn?t technical by any means but rather an easier method. I need to replace my drivers door latch on my 99 taurus. I get most of it apart but when it comes to taking apart the rods n? such on the old latch, i can?t get a reach on it. Looks like they built the thing around the latch, am I missing something or overlooking something here?

Reply to
alten78

Is the lower window run channel in the way? IIRC, on your Taurus, you can pull the rubber window run out, remove a bolt on the bottom of the channel and pull the channel down and out. On some you don't have to remove the rubber from the channel, it's separate from the upper section. This opens it up a lot. Door latches can be hours of "entertainment" if you haven't done many.

Reply to
Tom Adkins