Replacing the Evaporator--98 Ford Taurus

I could sure use some help with this one.
I pulled the dashboard out and have a clear view of the Evaporator Housing. Now I'm stuck, how do I get the evaporator out of the
housing. It appears to be in two pieces (top and bottom) and I pulled all the screws. The housing doesn't separate. Do I need to disconnect the evaporator under the hood next? Do I also have to remove the heater core? If these things are necessary, what do I do after I have the disconnections done?
Man y thanks for any help you guys are willing to offer.
In article

If you were removing a kitchen sink, do you think you'd need to disconnect the plumbing first?
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

1.    Remove A/C evaporator housing.
2.    Remove foam seals from evaporator core tubes.
3.    Remove four screws retaining A/C electronic blend door actuator housing and remove A/C electronic blend door actuator from A/C air temperature control door.
4.    Remove metal cover then disengage spring from heater core cover and remove spring from lever. Do NOT attempt to bend any part of the lever; it is brittle and will break.
5.    Gently depress locking ramp and remove lever from secondary A/C air temperature control door end.
6.    Rotate primary A/C air temperature control door shaft down, then swing metal link and remove from pin.
7.    Remove retaining screws from around flange joint of A/C evaporator housing.
8.    With side cutters (or equivalent), cut all snap loops around flange joint of A/C evaporator housing.
9.    Remove upper evaporator housing case from lower evaporator case housing.
10.    Remove A/C evaporator core from lower evaporator case housing.
Rob