Req insight into 2001 Escort heater core replacement.

My sister's 2001 Escort (base model) requires heater core replacement due to a leak. Was hoping to garner from practical experience what may be involved
in this R&R. I've searched the web but have been unable to locate any details regarding this era/model. Any advice, insight, and url's greatly appreciated.
This group was ever so helpful in the advice and url pointers given when I last posted requesting info on replacing a core in my Mom's 86 T-Bird. I was actually able to perform the R&R in 3 1/2 hours! That while doing the job "properly". That might have been profitable even using warranty times. LOL
Best Regards, Terry
You have to remove the dash, just like on your tbird

Yeah, I pretty much figured that as my luck is not the greatest. ;-)
Any pointers that can be offered by anyone would be of great help. Things like locations of fasteners (mainly hard to locate or blind), tips, tricks, and the like would be much appreciated. No hacks though please.
Thanks, Terry

Giganews wrote:

full procedure is in there.
Appreciate that Tom.
Should put me right on track. Procedure doesn't look al that bad.
Regards, Terry

Tom!
Very belated but I would like to offer a BIG Thank You for the pointer to the e-shop manuals. Although it's been done now for months I would like to advise it only took about 3hrs 15min to complete the R&R properly (in 35-40 degree weather). Much easier when one has an idea as to what there getting into.
Btw, I did the right thing and coughed up a couple greenbacks for two of the disks...hope everyone does the same as their efforts are well worth it.
Best to you, Terry