respraying bodywork

Hello,

I was just wondering how difficult it is to spray primed bodywork. I am not talking about respraying scratches on exisiting bodywork but more the spraying of the black bumpers on my KA. Most new KA's now come with body coloured bumpers, something that was only just available when I purchased my KA in 1999. I opted for the standard black bumpers as the body coloured ones were rather expensive, my car also has metallic paint (Amparo Blue).

So, how difficult would it be to spray these bumpers to the colour of the body (would these also have to be metallic or not??) or how much, on average would it cost to get these sprayed by someone who knows what they are doing? I know that it is never easy to get an exact match even when you know what you are doing!

I am thinking of getting one of these:

but it would look a bit crap in the standard bumper black

followed by these:

again to be sprayed Blue.

Thanks for any info!

Reply to
Moo

-- The biggest problem with doing it yourself is getting the paint to match. Being as you have a 99 there is bound to be some fading. A pro would be better for this. Or you could use a similar but obviously not the same color to get a contrast effect.

Every day is a good day- it's just that some are better than others.

Reply to
max-income

What you describe is not your typical do it yourself job. They use Urethane finish on what you call "Bumpers" and without proper respiratory equipment can be dangerous to your health. If the cover is off the car it would cost about $150.00 to finish the piece in the U.S. .. Others will point out that metallic and slight oxidation of your finish might make a difficult match but a seasoned finisher can deal with that.

Bill

Reply to
berkshire bill