rocket arms coming off- ford

car was shaking real bad...tokk valve cover off and 3 rocket arms were off and just laying there..we took the heads off and sent to machine shop..almost $800 repairs..put heads back on ,started the
engine..drove about 30 miles and rocket arms came off again..please help 2002 ford explorer xlt...

Rocket arms? Is this the new "NASA edition?"

rocker arms- sorry

I know. I was just having fun with the "Space Explorer."
Please tell us what engine this has.
Also, search the internet to see if there are any technical service bulletins on this.
Were the rocker arms the same ones that came off?
You may want to call and ask the machine shop about this. Perhaps they have had costumers with similar problems. And, if they put the rocker arms on, it is their problem.
Jeff

engine 4.6
On 3 Mar 2007 06:56:16 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@tirecenters.com wrote:

I am shooting in the dark and making only a WAG at your problem, but I would bet on bad/sticking lash adjusters or low oil pressure to the heads. The rocker becomming dislodged is not necessarily a good reason to remove the heads. You need to provide more info on exactly which engine you have; it makes a difference.
Lugnut

4.6 engine

valves ticking might cause that. how olds our fuel?