Rough Idle-Ford ExplorerEB2000

I have a Ford Explorer EB 2000. It has about 45K miles on it. Its idling is intermittently rough. I see several complaints posted on internet (not in this NG) about this issue for this model and that
Ford Dealers are unable/unwilling to determine the cause of it or accept is as a problem.
In addition, I notice that in my car there is a resonant character to the sound of air intake by the engine during idling.
Any one happens to know about these issues and any solution to it.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.