Sable/Taurus - crumbling seat housings

All -

I have two 95 Sables. In each, the driver's and passenger's lower bucket seat housings have begun to disintegrate - the plastic has become as brittle and fragile as a potato chip. The cars are otherwise sound and worth keeping.

Two questions - has anybody else experienced this, and does anybody have any suggestions as to what to do, since Ford doesn't have this part available any more?

Thanks Dave

Reply to
Dave

I have a 95 Taurus and it is doing the same thing. Other than junkyards, I couldn't find anything. You would think, that after so many of theses cars there would be more parts available. If you find anything, email me.

Reply to
Detailing_Dude