Sable transaxle cooling line?

I have a 95' Sable wagon with a 3.0L engine. One of the transmission cooling lines is leaking fluid. It's the one which connects to the lower radiator tank fitting and goes to an auxillary cooler mounted in front of the A/C condenser. I've been to two Ford dealers and they can't identify the correct part # for this line. The problem is the tranny cooler doesn't have any fins, it's just a loop of tubing mounted on brackets. The dealers don't have any information on this kind of cooler. They can only come up with the line for the cooler that has fins, which uses part # F1DZ7C410AA. This is not the one I need because my cooler has it's inlet and outlet in different locations than the finned type.

AFAIK- The cooler is OEM because it was part of a towing package which was ordered on the new car. I've seen the computer picture of the cooling lines. Ford identifies the line I need as 7C410 but this is only the base number. It requires a prefix and suffix to complete the part number, like the one in the preceeding paragraph (above). I'm beginning to think that Ford has omitted the part number in their data base for the line I need. If so, how can I get it?

Thanks

Reply to
fordfan

Where exactly is it leaking?

Bob

Reply to
Bob Urz

It's leaking at the first bend where it connects to the lower tank fitting on the radiator. The leak started because that bend was rubbing against the A/C line next to it. It wore through the foam insulation on the A/C line until the two tubes were in contact with each other. Fortunately the A/C line is not leaking. I put a temporary patch on the transmission line using a short length of rubber tubing and a hose clamp at the bend. This will probably last for quite a while but I would like to replace the line before it leaks again. The picture of this area clearly shows the line I need but the dealers can't come up with a full part number for it.

Reply to
fordfan

Sounds like you got a handle on the temp repair anyway. There should be plenty of these in the junk yards or U pull it yards if your adventurous. With any luck, the sedan is the same as the wagon. Maybe 92 to 95 3.0 taurus or sable would work. As i recall doing may radiator, that lower trannie fitting is a SOB to get at on the side of the radiator.

You could clean it well, put some epoxy on it all the way around, and then clap it again when dry. Or, you could buy the raw tube and fittings and get a flair tools or such and make a pipe using the old one as a template.

While your down there, make sure your motor mount bolt on the block is not loose. I lost one on mine and had a time finding a reasonable bolt. Ford wanted $40 for a silly bolt. Once i ID'd it, i got one for a couple of bucks.

Bob

Reply to
BOB URZ