Sable Trunk Release Not Working

My 2003 Mercury Sable trunk release is not working. Neither the keyfob or the inside button unlock the trunk. I have to use the key. I have checked the latch and there is 12 VDC across tow of the three wires all
the time. Pressing the release does not seem to have any effect on the voltages. Any ideas?