Sad day for America

What would have happened if she hadn't been able to get to a doctor for the two weeks?

Reply to
Rodan

She'd have turned into a pumpkin.......Oh, wait, that's another FICTIONAL story.....

Reply to
Dave

Where is the worlds best health care??? Certainly not in the USA? What in the world have you been thinking?

Try going to other countries for health care and you'll see what I mean. I've travelled many countries in europe and in canada and the USA too, and by far the US system is the worst i've seen.

Reply to
Picasso

How true, how true.

Here are some references on how the civilized world does health care:

Sick Around the World

The World Health Organization's ranking of the world's health systems

"The world health report 2007 - A safer future: global public health security in the 21st century"

Full report download as a .pdf file:

(4.15MB) ====================================================================

Healthcare For All: In Western Europe Its a Reality

France: Health Care for All
Germany: Health Care for All
Great Britain: Health Care for All
Netherlands: Health Care for All
Switzerland: Health Care for All

Health Care: An International Comparison

Netherlands' Health Care Reflects National Values
Keeping German Doctors On A Budget Lowers Costs
France At Forefront Of Free, Innovative Cancer Care
While the U.S. Spends Heavily on Health Care, a Study Faults the Quality
After-Hours Doctor Calls Save Holland Money

Healthcare Debate References

Side-by-side comparison the major health care reform proposals. Assembled and frequently updated by The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation.
Following the Money: Health Care Use this BILL MOYERS JOURNAL guide to trace campaign contributions, ad spending and the revolving door between industry and government.
The Health Care Reform Plans Use this BILL MOYERS JOURNAL guide to follow the debate over the many health care plans.
Documents During his interview with Wendell Potter
Moyers read from confidential documents drafted by America's HealthInsurance Plans (AHIP) in May and June of 2007. The documents outline aunified strategy for AHIP members to prepare for the release of MichaelMoore's documentary, SICKO on June 29, 2007. You can download and read the full AHIP documents by clicking here
and here
(PDFs). The Language of Health Care 2009 (PDF) The Frank Luntz memo strategizing opposition to health care reform Bill Moyers mentions in the interview.
GOP Health Care Strategy (PDF) Strategy memo by Alex Castellanos dated July 7, 2009.
Congressional Budget Office reports The Congressional Budget Office has released a number of documents on health care reform plans. The CBO's director also maintains a blog.

Jim_Higgins

I have to ask, "What system?" The US doesn't have a system. That's the problem. Unfortunately, insurance companies, hospital companies, drug makers and doctors are comfortable with the way things are and are resistant to change, because they are now making money.

Jeff

Reply to
dr_jeff

Ya Think!

Reply to
Mike Hunter

One of my grand daughters was in Costa Rica, her rental cars was struck from the rear. When she asked a policemen to call an ambulance she was told ambulances only resound for people who are badly hurt that can not drive to a hospital.

She had to call a cab, it was a ten year old Nissan. When she got to the hospital they told her she had to wait till morning when the Doctors come in. They put her in a ward, with all types of other patients, many who were coughing.

A doctor came to see her around 1PM. He told her they would X-ray her neck the next day. She was there for three more days in that hospital, that was NOT even air-conditioned, before they sent her home without pain medicine. The bed linins were never changed during all that time. She asked the only "nurse" in that ward, who was actually only a nurses aid, about clean sheets and was told that family members bring in clean sheets and take the dirty sheets home to be washed.

Her care was "free" under the countries health care law. When she came back to the states she went to her Doctor, because of her continuing pain, who discovered she had a neck injury that required surgery. I was performed at Saint Luke's hospital in Milwaukie the next day.

Is that the type of care we can expect from government run health care? You bet!

Reply to
Mike Hunter

If you take the time to check the facts you will discover that the CBO can only calculate the facts given to it. The ten years that they used were the only the first ten years. Taxes begin at once but the "Care" does not go fully into effect until AFTER the first ten years. For the following ten years the healthcare plan will be in deficit by over one TRILLION dollars at the same time that the Treasury will be paying off the trillions of dollars that Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid will be in bankruptcy. God help our children and grand children as well as anyone under 55 that is looking to SS for a check.

This health care bill is a disaster and every >> dbu'' wrote:

Reply to
Mike Hunter

You mean the very same people from whom the bill is requiring you to buy coverage, dummy? LOL

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Wrong. The care that people on Medicare get is much better than you describe.

Jeff

Reply to
dr_jeff

Hey Mike, I thought you were all for Obama bailing out every loser?

Reply to
Canuck57

I never said that, my friend. I mealy pointed out the erroneous things you were posting about GM, big difference from backing BO.

Reply to
Mike Hunter

You are a funny paradox. You should seek some help. Pro-GM, GM is OK for pork and bailout. Supplid by Obama. Yet you do and don't support Obama marxism. Yet when it hits health care, you 180 degrees out of sync.

I know, liberals are a confusing bunch. But if you support GM, you must support Obama, as it is Obama Governemtn Motors.

Reply to
Canuck57

So was bailing out GM, dummy

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Bailing out GM will go down in hostory as a poster child of why this depression occured in the first place.

Too much corrupti> So was bailing out GM, dummy

Reply to
Canuck57

And signed off by Bush.

Requiring people to take responsibility for their healthcare and get private insurance is not Marxism.

That's because liberals are not a "bunch." Nor are Republicans. Different liberals have different values and ideas. Just as there are more central Republicans and more right-wing Republicans.

What about the loans that Bush signed off on in 2008?

Reply to
dr_jeff

And not nearly enough oversight. The problem was not with GM or Chyrsler (although there were plenty of problems there), but the problem was with the banking industry and the way the US let them get away with so much crap, like giving loans to people who could not possibly give them back, and then repackaging them and selling them, often lying to the borrowers.

Jeff

Reply to
dr_jeff

Leaving alone for now that it could be argued that it is, taking money at extremely disproportionate rates from those who are wealthy (otherwise known as redistribution of wealth) to pretend to pay for it definitely is. "From each according to his ability, to each according to his need" is definitely a philosophy of those running the country right now.

Reply to
Bill Putney

Sure do. Made money on predicting that it would come. Initially I thought the democrat congress might try to stop it but it became readily apparent they were stunded deer square on the tracks looking into a railway locomotive coming right at them.

Ditto GM... denial of debt, they just went crash.

While government would blame the home mortage crisis, that is blame on the symptom not the cause.

Reply to
Canuck57