Sad day for America

Page 15 of 16
Dave wrote:

Keep thinking about it - it will come to you. The concepts are pretty simple and obvious. I typed it real slow, but I don't know if that helped you or not. Like I say, if you can't grasp it, wait a few years, and the meaning will be obvious to you. I have trouble believing you are as slow as I think you are pretending to be.
In either case (i.e., (1) you really are that dumb, or (2) are just pretending to be), it's not worth my time explaining further. Somehow I think you get it. Bye.
--
Bill Putney

Does that mean you're done? Good...
Dave wrote:

Well certainly. You have a nice evening.
--
Bill Putney
On 22/03/2010 1:35 PM, larry moe 'n curly wrote:

The reality is while DCC politicians pander, screw up, take bribes... while China is not a democracy, they have more integrity and honor on how they run their country. Less debt too.

Autos. China now makes and out sells the US in autos. Get over it. It is already a happening.
--
--------------
Politicians don't provide anything, the tax payers do.
Canuck57 wrote:

Hmmm - not sure I accept that at face value. Remember reading about melamine being put into exported pet foods? Then, several babies in China died from melamine being put into baby formula to raise the readings on nutritional tests (protein content I think it was) that get done on the product!
Their head of their equivalent of our Food and Drug Administration was executed - yes executed - at some point throughout that whole fiasco.
Now, occasionally, we still hear of toys being exported to the U.S. being recalled due to high levels of lead. That sounds like a *really* mixed bag to me. I mean - yeah - they seem to take drastic (to say the least) action, but the crap keeps happening, which indicates ongoing high levels of corruption.
Hmm - executing government officials that screw up. Hmmm . . .
--
Bill Putney
Bill Putney wrote:

Oops - hit 'send' too soon.
Yeah that's pretty extreme. Can't be justified. Impeachment or prosecution in certain cases, but execution - no justification for that.
--
Bill Putney
Canuck57 wrote:

Completely like politicians of any other party. ;)

Not according to the number of political prisoners China has. You have to be either incredibly ignorant or extremely anti-American to say China's government is better the Obama administration.

It's not as important as you think. Most of those cars are for domestic sale, and China is still far behind in automotive technology. Think of it this way: It took South Korea 20 years to make competitive cars, and South Korea starting out with a far more developed and sophisticated technological base. China's best technology is DNA, something overlooked by almost everybody.
Your awe of China is eerily like how harles Lindbergh saw Germany in the 1930s -- superior to the US. He was wrong, and I hope you'll be proved wrong, too.

Abandon ship. There are other countries out there that can benefit from your skills.
I've had a fantasy of teaching math and science in the Philippines. Maybe I'll go there a little earlier than I'd originally planned...
Oh, boy. Obama is going to feel like he can do anything he wants, now.
All hands, abandon ship...
Michael Darrett

Now?! He's been ruling by executive orders for a year already.
Who needs CONgress? Obsolete.
We have a dictator.

Well he hasn't done much for a year. Killed a fly on TV. Got a white cop and a black professor to talk over beer. That's about it. Now he'll think he's invincible.
In a few more years he will be invisible
wrote :

Well he hasn't done much for a year. Killed a fly on TV. Got a white cop and a black professor to talk over beer. That's about it. Now he'll think he's invincible.

No, I'm talking about Pelosi. She's the dictator. Obama is the REAL "speaker", he gives nice speeches, while SHE dictates and takes away freedoms and further destroys the Constitution.
They had you fooled, huh? You thought she was the speaker and he was the President?

He's the speaker, as long as the teleprompter is working.

You just reminded me of an old Hagar cartoon, can anyone find a copy?
Lucky Eddie comes to Hagar and says that he has bad news and good news. The bad news is that the galley is on fire and the ship is sinking. The good news is that all the rats are jumping off the ship.
Me thinks you are not far off, look for more of the rich and the Corporation to go off shore
wrote:

Abandon ship. There are other countries out there that can benefit from your skills.
I've had a fantasy of teaching math and science in the Philippines. Maybe I'll go there a little earlier than I'd originally planned...
Oh, boy. Obama is going to feel like he can do anything he wants, now.
All hands, abandon ship...
Michael Darrett
Mike Hunter wrote:

There's no fool like an old fool, and for you to think the Obama health plan is the worst thing to happen domestically to the US proves that you're not only an old fool but a senile, drunk old fool.
Long ago, you mentioned having private health insurance that was better and cheaper than Medicare, but you never named it, and I've never been able to find anything like that, especially for senior citizens. I know you don't mean Medicare Advantage because it's neither a private system (tax dollars pay for it) nor cheaper (15% more than Medicare). So what is your coverage?
BTW FDR wanted universal health care, too. Truman pushed hard for it, Eisenhower introduced tax breaks for employee health plans, JFK wanted to implement something, Johnson did, for seniors and somewhat for the poor, Nixon pushed coverage for all, as did Clinton. That proves Obama a freak among US presidents.
It appears the American people were smart for all those years because they knew allowing the government sneak into the healthcare business would eventually lead to Nationalization of our healthcare then they got stupid in the last election on allow us to start down that slippery slope with this bill. Our last hope is the 29 states that are willing fight BO and the Dims in the Supreme Court

Amen!!!
Where were all these naysayers when we spent TRILLIONS on a war in a country that did NOT attack us?!
Do you mean Germany or Italy? ;)

Mike Hunter wrote:

Which declared war against us on Dec. 11, 1941, after Pearl Harbor and our declaration of war against Japan. Here's the history link:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/stories/december/11/newsid_3532000/3532401.stm
OTOH Saddam Hussein did not declare war against the US, and the idiot even told his cabinet in 2003 that the US would never attack because the US liked him.