Sad day for America

Irrelevant. THere is nothing in the bill about single-payer insurance.

BTW, which country has the higher life expectancy? How about lower infant mortality costs? And lower costs per person? Hint, it is the one that doesn't have 50 states.

Jeff

Reply to
dr_jeff

There's denial of service all the time.

Already, people with health insurance are losing their homes and going bankrupt because their health insurance doesn't allow for the care that is needed. It is one of the biggest causes of bankruptcy for people who have health insurance.

Reply to
dr_jeff

Medicaid offers eye care and dental care, too.

In addition, the cost of Medicare is more than just $18 a month. A lot more. $18 a month is what you pay out of your pocket. But it costs everyone (that is the gov't) a lot more than that.

JEff

Reply to
dr_jeff

Yep - November's a-comin'

Then in 2012 we will kick Obama's can down the road.

Reply to
Bill Putney

The Republicans have created a new grass roots organization. "Fans of Health Insurance Companies"

Now I can understand being a "GM Fan" or a "Toyota Fan" if you like the car. Pretty hard to understand being a fan of a health insurance company. But then you have Trekkies too, so different strokes.

--Vic

Reply to
Vic Smith

OK - found the one I was reminded of - it may not be the one you had in mind, but it was Samuel Adams:

"A general dissolution of the principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the whole force of the common enemy.... While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but once they lose their virtue, they will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader.... If virtue and knowledge are diffused among the people, they will never be enslaved. This will be their great security."

Also: "No people will tamely surrender their Liberties, nor can any be easily subdued, when knowledge is diffused and Virtue is preserved. On the Contrary, when People are universally ignorant, and debauched in their Manners, they will sink under their own weight without the Aid of foreign Invaders."

The quotes were in two separate letters to James Warren.

Reply to
Bill Putney

I never said they weren't being used simultaneously, and it's wrong of you to say otherwise.

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

Not mentioned in the bills?? How stupid jeffy is? Or believable naivety by so called dr(?) jeffy. Which is it jeffy? Your mom and pop happy you will be weaning off of their health insurance till you are a ripe old age of 26? I bet their premiums will rise because of you.

Reply to
dbu''

Which declared war against us on Dec. 11, 1941, after Pearl Harbor and our declaration of war against Japan. Here's the history link:

OTOH Saddam Hussein did not declare war against the US, and the idiot even told his cabinet in 2003 that the US would never attack because the US liked him.

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

Our hospitals are great; it's our private health insurance system that's bad.

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

How about a fan of big government and a fan of tax.

Reply to
dbu''

.>

That seems like a begrudging admission that you lied about your private health plan being better and cheaper than Medicare. If it's not, then you're still lying.

Show me some developed democracies with more expensive health care systems than what we have.

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

Close. The problem is that we don't have a private health insurance system. We have a bunch of companies out to make a buck.

Reply to
dr_jeff

Almost 30% of my wife's paycheck goes to the Aetna tax to keep us insured. Then they hassle her for multiple documents every year to prove I'm her husband. Then they try to deny claims. Soon they may make a death panel decision on me. Big brother taxer death panel health insurance. You go ahead and be Aetna's fan. Nobody's stopping you.

--Vic

Reply to
Vic Smith

There is normally NOT denial of services if a person is hospitalized and goes into intensive care or death watch. Hospitals have not been kicking you out on the street, and have eaten the enormous expenses.

That may stop.

Reply to
hls

OK - umm - do you really believe that gullible has 4 L's, or is that some setup for a trick?

Have you ever had a private health insurance company tell you that you have to pay them premiums for four years with no coverage before they will start providing coverage, and on top of that, they will charge you a huge fee if you refuse to do business with them and possibly have you thrown in prison? That's what our gubmint is getting ready to tell us if they don't get overturned.

Really? Please provide credible links/quotes.

Ummm - in case you haven't heard, the "goodies", such as they will be, don't start for 4 years - but we'll be paying for it long before that. Hah! Can you imagine a private insurer pulling that kind of crap!? Methinks that if they did, they'd get their butts sued off or do some hard time (think: Enron; think: Madoff).

Racial epitaphs? Sounds like the punch line of a great joke that hasn't been written yet. Can you give me an example of a racial epitaph - and what cemetery it is in? Better yet, a link to a photo of the headstone. That would be great.

Maybe it would say "HERE LIES BUBBA - ONE OF THE NICEST CRACKAS THE WORLD HAS EVER KNOWN". That would be a nice racial epitaph.

Thanks for the great laugh.

Reply to
Bill Putney

:-)

That was definitely choice.

Reply to
Conscience

Then we should fix them. What just got voted in the House yesterday is the equivalent of putting a tourniquet on your arm when you have a broken leg, with the result that you still have a broken leg, and now you also need your arm amputated.

Reply to
Bill Putney

That is what companies are supposed to do. They should still have some morals though, but they cannot offer free coverage.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Thanks, man! I thought so too. LOL!

Reply to