Sad day for America

Page 10 of 16
"Rodan"
I have a relative by that name...

Ya Think!

On 21/03/2010 6:37 PM, Conscience wrote:

Pissed off and laid off for some. Say you are a business just hanging on. Would not take much to say let them go. A little bit more employment taxes is all it would take.
Get ready for round two.
--
--------------
Politicians don't provide anything, the tax payers do.
On 21/03/2010 6:00 PM, dbu'' wrote:

Depends how many democriters want to be elected in November. But agree, it isn't looking good.

Yep, sad day for American financial liberty. Add in the debt spend already going on, this is an economic disaster big time.
Too bad so many in government represent statism and Obama marxism.
--
Politicians don't provide anything, the tax payers do.

THE BEST DAY IN AMERICAN HISTORY!!
snipped-for-privacy@privacy.net wrote :

Looter!
Jane Galt wrote:

Only a member of The Collective would call him a looter.

You, sir, are a LIBERAL IDIOT if you think March 21 was the best day in history. You probably even already have the mark of the beast on you.
Charles Grozny
snipped-for-privacy@privacy.net wrote:

A good start down the road.
--
Service Guarantees Citizenship

Yes,,,,,, we can tweak it as we go.
Better then the "do nothing..... you must die insurance" that the Repub plan hahahaha!
You are obviously confused if that is that you believe

Jim_Higgins wrote:

Yep - November's a-comin'
Then in 2012 we will kick Obama's can down the road.
--
Bill Putney
How much do you get in your welfare check?

On 21/03/2010 9:42 PM, snipped-for-privacy@privacy.net wrote:

Go ahead and think so.
Will just take time now to change your mind. Watch your net pay in the next year or two. You do work no? Or just a leach on the ass?
--
--------------
Politicians don't provide anything, the tax payers do.
dbu'' wrote:

Where is the worlds best health care??? Certainly not in the USA? What in the world have you been thinking?
Try going to other countries for health care and you'll see what I mean. I've travelled many countries in europe and in canada and the USA too, and by far the US system is the worst i've seen.
Picasso wrote:

How true, how true.
Here are some references on how the civilized world does health care:
Sick Around the World http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/sickaroundtheworld /
=================================================================== The World Health Organization's ranking of the world's health systems http://www.photius.com/rankings/healthranks.html
"The world health report 2007 - A safer future: global public health security in the 21st century"
Full report download as a .pdf file: http://www.who.int/entity/whr/2007/whr07_en.pdf (4.15MB)
=================================================================== Healthcare For All: In Western Europe Its a Reality http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId 972152
France: Health Care for All http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId 970968
Germany: Health Care for All http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId 971170
Great Britain: Health Care for All http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId 971293
Netherlands: Health Care for All http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId 973552
Switzerland: Health Care for All http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId 974014
==================================================================== Health Care: An International Comparison http://www.npr.org/news/specials/healthcare/healthcare_profiles.html
Netherlands' Health Care Reflects National Values http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId 641635
Keeping German Doctors On A Budget Lowers Costs http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId 931036
France At Forefront Of Free, Innovative Cancer Care http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId 362918
While the U.S. Spends Heavily on Health Care, a Study Faults the Quality http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/17/business/17health.html
After-Hours Doctor Calls Save Holland Money http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId 606938
======================================================================== Healthcare Debate References http://www.pbs.org/moyers/journal/healthcare /
Side-by-side comparison the major health care reform proposals. Assembled and frequently updated by The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation. http://www.kff.org/healthreform/sidebyside.cfm
Following the Money: Health Care Use this BILL MOYERS JOURNAL guide to trace campaign contributions, ad spending and the revolving door between industry and government. http://www.pbs.org/moyers/journal/07102009/profile2.html
The Health Care Reform Plans Use this BILL MOYERS JOURNAL guide to follow the debate over the many health care plans. http://www.pbs.org/moyers/journal/07102009/profile3.html
Documents During his interview with Wendell Potter [http://www.pbs.org/moyers/journal/07102009/profile.html#documents ], Bill Moyers read from confidential documents drafted by America's Health Insurance Plans (AHIP) in May and June of 2007. The documents outline a unified strategy for AHIP members to prepare for the release of Michael Moore's documentary, SICKO on June 29, 2007.
You can download and read the full AHIP documents by clicking here [http://www.pbs.org/moyers/journal/healthcare/ahip1.pdf ] and here [http://www.pbs.org/moyers/journal/healthcare/ahip2.pdf ] (PDFs).
The Language of Health Care 2009 (PDF) The Frank Luntz memo strategizing opposition to health care reform Bill Moyers mentions in the interview. http://www.politico.com/static/PPM116_luntz.html
GOP Health Care Strategy (PDF) Strategy memo by Alex Castellanos dated July 7, 2009. http://www.politico.com/static/PPM41_gop_health_care_strategy_memo.html
Congressional Budget Office reports The Congressional Budget Office has released a number of documents on health care reform plans. The CBO's director also maintains a blog. http://www.cbo.gov/publications/bysubject.cfm?cat=9
--
Service Guarantees Citizenship

If you take the time to check the facts you will discover that the CBO can only calculate the facts given to it. The ten years that they used were the only the first ten years. Taxes begin at once but the "Care" does not go fully into effect until AFTER the first ten years. For the following ten years the healthcare plan will be in deficit by over one TRILLION dollars at the same time that the Treasury will be paying off the trillions of dollars that Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid will be in bankruptcy. God help our children and grand children as well as anyone under 55 that is looking to SS for a check.
This health care bill is a disaster and every one with a brains knows it is as well as BO and the Dims KNOW it is a disaster. Talk to ANY Actuary and get the truth.

Picasso wrote:
<...>

I have to ask, "What system?" The US doesn't have a system. That's the problem. Unfortunately, insurance companies, hospital companies, drug makers and doctors are comfortable with the way things are and are resistant to change, because they are now making money.
Jeff
You mean the very same people from whom the bill is requiring you to buy coverage, dummy? LOL

One of my grand daughters was in Costa Rica, her rental cars was struck from the rear. When she asked a policemen to call an ambulance she was told ambulances only resound for people who are badly hurt that can not drive to a hospital.
She had to call a cab, it was a ten year old Nissan. When she got to the hospital they told her she had to wait till morning when the Doctors come in. They put her in a ward, with all types of other patients, many who were coughing.
A doctor came to see her around 1PM. He told her they would X-ray her neck the next day. She was there for three more days in that hospital, that was NOT even air-conditioned, before they sent her home without pain medicine. The bed linins were never changed during all that time. She asked the only "nurse" in that ward, who was actually only a nurses aid, about clean sheets and was told that family members bring in clean sheets and take the dirty sheets home to be washed.
Her care was "free" under the countries health care law. When she came back to the states she went to her Doctor, because of her continuing pain, who discovered she had a neck injury that required surgery. I was performed at Saint Luke's hospital in Milwaukie the next day.
Is that the type of care we can expect from government run health care? You bet!