Saw a couple of 500's

The Ford dealer by me had 3 - 2005 Five Hundreds out on the lot on Sunday. Last Sunday's Chicago Tribune had a big article on the car and it went on to say the new Ford had a bigger trunk capacity than a Park Avenue. I found that hard to believe so I went over to get a look at the latest from the Blue Oval boys.

The car looked very big on the inside. Big buckets seats up front. I thought the leather ones had a different contour to them than the cloth ones. The sweeping console blends right into the dash. It also sports a higher center armrest than most cars have. The door sills looked to be

3" wide or more, very easy to keep your elbow up there. Nice to see a clock in the dashboard again.

The back seat looked roomy, with a flat seat cushion. Foot well areas looked like it had a lot of room down there. The taillights were oddly shaped triangles that light up round when the brake light comes on. The Ford uses bulbs and the Mercury Montego, which I also saw uses about 15 LED lights in the taillight housing.

They were priced between $25 & 29,000

Harry Face

You forgot to mention that the 500 looks like a Taurus at a short distance.

Harry Face wrote:

Reply to
scott(remove_to_reply)

Swanny