Scorpio Speedo problem

I have a Ford Scorpio 2.0i 1996. Strangely the speedo started acting erratically then went to zero. It started to work again, then off again and I then noticed that every time
the speedo dies the volume of the radio goers down considerably, any ideas? Robin
I am unfamiliar with the car and don't know of common problems with them, but it could be an earth problem. Do yourself a favour and get someone else to do it. I think it is gunna be a headache.
Scott.