seat belt repair

how can I fix the motor for a automatic seat belt. The shoulder belt is frozen in the track. 1989 Ford Escort xl thank you

"katydid13" wrote: "how can I fix the motor for a automatic seat belt. The shoulder belt is frozen in the track. 1989 Ford Escort xl."
Remove the trim cover that covers the assembly. Inspect it for something jamming it. Lubricate where it rotates with some light penetrating oil to free it up. This occurred on a Escort that I owned. I found that after ten years of usage it was jammed with dust and dirt. Once clean it worked.
Sarge
Dear Sarge, I can do that but would you know why there is a motor running sound and seems to be coming from the rear door panel. It does it every time I start the car or turn it off it's an awfull growling sound. Thank you, I got a ticket for it even though that belt does not move I have to crawl under it...
"katydid13" wrote: "I can do that but would you know why there is a motor running sound and seems to be coming from the rear door panel. It does it every time I start the car or turn it off it's an awfull growling sound. Thank you, I got a ticket for it even though that belt does not move I have to crawl under it..."
The motor may be growling because the belt is sticking and can not move. A sensor is telling it that it has not completed the cycle. Try accessing where the growling sound is coming from. The sound could be coming from under the console. You may want to bring it to a body shop and ask them if they can repair it for you.
Sarge
Dear Sarge, Thank you I will try that. It's just alot of work for an old gal.LOL... Appreciate your help. kathy