Seat belt retractor

I have a 2002 Escape that the front driver's side seat belt is needing a little help retracting all the way. I was wondering how hard it is to add more tension to it, if at all possible. I can get to it myself even though
the car is still under warranty. I'd rather do that myself than drop it off at the dealership for 2 days and have them scratch or crack the inside molding fixing it, then go through hell to get them to fix THAT! Been there, done that, got that tee-shirt. TIA, SC Tom

The only thing you should try to attempt is lubing the retractor.
Dealers do not 'fix'' belt problems. They change the belt assembly.
mike hunt
SC Tom wrote:

Tom,
My daughter had a 1996 Ford Escort that had a similar problem. I took it apart and found that the mechanism was dirty with dust and a quarter was jammed in there. It worked fine after cleaning it and removing the pocket change.
Sarge