Seatbelts for 64 Galaxie 500 XL

My 18 yr old just bought a very nice 1964 Ford Galaxie 500 XL. While MN state law doesn't require seatbelts in a car that old, his Mom's law :) says he needs to install them at least for the front buckets.
Any advice? Cautions? etc. JCWhitney and others sell the belts and I can find various anchor kits, but I don't have the background or automotive knowledge to advise him on how to get them installed properly and safely. Thanks in advance for your advice. T. T.

I'm pretty sure Ford put the mounting anchor/bosses on all their cars around that time even thought the Seat belt might have been optional. My 62 Bird had factory belts
For bolts, you just find what size and go buy the appropriate hardened bolts
Have you crawled under the car? Easiest to find them on the driveshaft tunnel The ones on the rocker frame may be a little more difficult to find but they are probably in the obvious area .... just take off the rocker trim and pull the carpet back
You also have a choice of the original lap belts, or updating to three point belts. Several of the major parts vendors carry the three point (what I put in my 65 Mustang). They will pass highway safety, but they will not pass a judge if the car were to be in a show.
On 15 Aug 2005 18:01:54 -0700, "TommyThompson"

Spike 1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior; Vintage 40 16" rims w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A gForce Radial 225/50ZR16 KDWS skins; surround sound audio-video.
Gad shat fools these morons be....

You could check the local junkyards for the location of the bolt holes and, possibly, for the bolts themselves. I hope he enjoys the car- I had one from 1967 to 1970 and loved it. 390 built, 3 on the floor, lots of power, lots of comfort. Unfortunately, a truck pulled out in front of me and the car was totaled. But I sure did like that car. SC Tom