Sell or fix and sell?

OK - I have a 95 contour GL, 2L 5spd.
I am planning to sell. It has 111,000 miles.
It needs the following: New timing belt (Current belt worn but not failed)
New EGR valve AC recharge
The vehicle just passed PA state saftey and emissions inspection. Has new breaks, good tires, etc.
So - My question is. Should I sell it knowing that it should have the work done (disclosed of course) or should I do the work (or have it done) before selling.
I'm thinking that an EGR valve would be an easy job for a non-mechanic handy guy. I also bought a recharge kit with AC sealant. That may cool the AC for a while. Then I leave the timing belt alone. And get what I can for the car.
Thoughts?
Any as is offers? South East PA.

I don't think you will get much more money for the car after fixing it. I would let the new owner worry about it.
You can find out how much you can get reasonably expect from the car from stires like www.edmonds.com and www.cars.com.
Jeff

(...)

Do you have more info about this? I did a google, and I saw other reports that said this. I am just curious because I have a Contour with the V6.

I am glad they do this. That decreases costs, because the automakers can use one engine instead of 6 or 7 amd improves reliability, because the they get more experience with the engine. The car owners come out ahead with this, because cars cost less and work better.
Jeff

I don't know if there is any connection between Renault, Peugeot and DC. Renault used to make the Le Car, whcih was sold through AMC dealers. Renault, Volvo and Peugeot developed a V6 engine together (I don't know if they did other ones) in the late 70s or early 80s. AMC developed a car with this engine. They had a contract to sell something like 100,000 of them a year for a number of years, though Renault, which owned part of AMC. When Chrysler bought AMC, they decided to market the car as the Eagle Premier and a new brand (Eagle) was made. After these sorts of contracts expired, I don't think DC had anything to do with Renault or Peugeot.
I don't think there was a connection between Peugeot and AMC, except the engine.
A shame, really. Peugeot never was able to set up a good marketing organization in the US. Of course, many people who owned Peugeots would say this is a good thing. ;-)
Jeff

I have the Mystique, and that 2.5 is one SWEET engine. It was supposedly destined to be the replacement for the 928 engine, and possibly the engine for what later became the Cayenne / Tourag

Le Car - AKA R5. Also R16 and R30? And I can't remember what they called the predecessor to the Alliance.

And the Eagle Premier engine was different than the RPV 3.0

The Puegot 505 was sold by Chrysler dealers in Canada. I think there were a couple other models as well. I rallyed an R12 Renault in the late seventies and early eighties. The parts prices doubled when I started having to buy them from my local AMC dealer. All Renault dealerships either ceased being dealerships or became AMC dealers during that time frame. By the way, Chrysler also owned (possibly still owns) Maserati

I owned a 1967 204 wagon in the early seventies in Africa. Not a particularly good vehicle, particularly with the abuse it had already suffered before I got it, - but not a seriously bad one either. Tough as nails, but expensive and difficult to repair when things did go wrong - and they DID!!.

lmfao just shos you never worked on a contour
lmfao U GO GIRL
hurc ast
I am still waiting on an answer that makes sense. what exactly does a radiator drain plug have to do with changing a timing belt, an egr valve or recharging the ac??

ac

lmfao dum yankee cant even read
lmfao U GO GIRL
hurc ast
no, I can read fine. it is you who can not explain what you think is an answer to a very simple question. or is it the fact that you are such a simple person that you can not explain, because you have no clue as to what you are talking about in the first place??

then why dont you go back and read all the threads you foctard
lmfao you must be one of jerrys kids
lmfao hurc ast
ok, that's what I figured, you are an idiot that can not explain himself because he has no idea what he is talking about.

Profanity - the attempt of a feable mind to express itself forcefully.

On Thu, 12 May 2005 21:34:07 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@sny.der.on.ca wrote:

lmfao foctard thinks he is a doctor now lmfao do you fix your own teeth too??
hurc ast