Serpendine Belt Routing Diagrams

I have been looking recently for a site which gives Serpentine belt routing diagrams and finally hit the Jackpot. Gates rubber: Google for this and click on catalogs and go to Micro V belt Installation for good basic info, and then go to belt and cooling system products for passenger cars or trucks, look up your model and year, you will see a reference diagram number in the right hand column for the belt listed for your car. Then go to the Micro V belt routing diagrams and find the corresponding routing number and you have a picture of the Serpentine belt routing. Hope this is useful to others.

Reply to
tango

Pls send this info to HILLBISH FORD in Kannapolis NC, because those idiots couldn't get my belt on today, though they had the car 12 hours. Ford Car, original FORD belt, asking to be replaced with another original FORD part, and they don't know how to get it on. Ford Escort ZX 2002. Or, if you can respond to this post, I'll tell the idiots to read this and maybe they can learn how to do their jobs.

Now I have to miss another day of work, and probably get my butt chewed out so the dealership can try to find someone who knows what the heck they're doing to put it on.

Tell me how can a FORD dealership say, they've never worked on this ZX kind of car before? Are they kiddin me? I says to the guy did you like call FORD???? duh-a he said they went on Fords internal www site and still can't figure out how to get their hand in to put the part on.

What a bunch of incompetent morons. If they had started the work timely within the 12 hours they had the car, they may have found someone else to help them, or at least got me a rental car (the dealerships car rental divn, went home at 5).

JJ

Reply to
mzsweetpea

Don't tell us. Very politely tell the president or owner of the Ford dealership and then him or her very politely what you told us. Tell him or her exactly what you expect the dealership to do to remedy this situation. Also, write a letter to the chairman of the board and to the president of Ford. Be very polite (you get more with honey than vinegar) but let them know exactly what the problems were with the dealer.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

I wrote Ford before I did this post.

The automatic email they send states: we'll try to answer your email within 3 business days. Doesn't help me tomorrow. Dealership knows what I expect, a rental car by 8:30 am and the entire $50.06 labor charge for the belt to be removed off the bill...they just don't have anyone in a current position there that has any authority. Appears the whole management team, is on vacation, all at once. An obviously ill-ran dealership. What's bad is I called them 3 times to tell them it was critical I had my car back today, just critical. So much for calling them. However since moving to this area of the USA I have learned that this type of ill service and execution of well, common sense is all too common. JJ

Reply to
mzsweetpea

No. You emailed Ford. I mean snail mail. To the chairman of the board and to the CEO. You can get the addresses from the web. It will take a few days. You'll get a better response. Besides, Ford needs to know what crap their dealers do. And, if this dealer cleans up his or her act, she or he will, apparently, be the only dealer with a decent shop for miles around (according to what you wrote below). That will lead to more business.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Well they do have to compete with Charlotte.

But as an aside this morning they picked me up at 7:30 am (when their shop opens). When I got there the service manager said hey your car is outside it's done and ready to go. Obviously the morning crew mechanics had a little better training.

My blood pressure instantly went skyrocket high, I turned around and said do you really think I'm just getting in this car and driving away after what happened to me? Please don't insult me more. Then I pointed to a side office door and looked at the guy and said YOU..ME...in the office now, away from other customers, you're dealing with a Northern girl now.

They ended up taking 175.00 off my 870.00 bill, I had lots of work done yesterday. That was satisfactory to me.

JJ

Reply to
mzsweetpea