Service Manual for Fords

Hi all
I own a Ford Taurus 1998, V6 3.0 and Id like to start fixing the many electrical problems I am having (daytime running lights short, ABS intermittent, dome lights stuck on when it rains etc).
Which Service manual is the best for this task and where can I get it? I've seen the Chiltons and it lacks a lot of info.
Any ideas? suggestions? Thanks
Larry
This is what you need. http://www.helminc.com/helm/homepage.asp

Haynes manuals are about $16 and fairly decent. I just bought the Chilton's for domestics '88-'92 and you're right, there are some things left out that would be nice to know...like where exactly the "spout" (spark out) connector is located, which must be disconnected in order to set the base timing.
"Remove the in-line spout connector...The spout connector is the center wire between the electronic control assembly (ECA) connector and the Thick Film Ignition (TFI) module."
Unfortunately, they fail to depict exactly which modules they are referencing, and the few diagrams there are do not show modules with thos names.
There is stuff in here that the Haynes manuals don't cover though. Incidentally, Taurus, Sable and Continental are all covered in the same chapter in Chiltons, while the Haynes didn't seem to make any mention of the Continental...but maybe I didn't look close enough. Now, if I can just find the ECA and the TFI maybe I can get this POS to run right...

Haynes is useless if you have the 3.0 DOHC Duratec. The pictures and diagrams are all for the 3.0 Vulcan.
CJ

What years does your copy cover? The coverage in the Haynes manuals are a bit thin in places, but the copy I have for the '96 to '98, published in 1998, covers both engines and general overhaul practices.
I just found the one for my 2000. I know that they didn't make one for the 2000 until recently, and that's the one I'm referencing. I should be more specific, I suppose. The manual does indeed cover the Duratec in a subchapter on rebuilding that engine.
Natually, there are a good number of things that are going to be the same regardless of the engine. But, in my observation, when it comes to things under the hood, every picture, explanation, and diagram other than what's in that rebuild subchapter is Vulcan specific. Why is that important? Because the Duratec uses different everything: engine layout, hoses of every type, emissions controls, even belt driven accessories.
I bought the manual I have without looking at it, and it's been totally useless so far.
CJ