Set timing on a 1992 Ford Tempo

I need to se the timing on a 1992 Ford Tempo (4 cylinder, 2.3L, automatic transmission), but I cannot find the timing marks or the flywheel! The manual says that it is on the left side of the engine, but I sure can't
see it. Could it be hidden under the air-conditioning? Thanks TJ

look close FOCTARD bend over h u r c
Left side and right side of the car are always referenced from the drivers seat..... There will be a rubber plug on top of the bell housing (or a hole if the plug is missing). You may have to remove the air filter or such to access the hole...

"ajnunes" wrote

http://www.autozone.com/servlet/UiBroker?ForwardPage=/az/cds/en_us/0900823d/80/12/69/66/0900823d80126966.jsp
4th picture down.
Thank you for those pictures. It was actually Fig. 1 that put me on the right track. Much appreciated.