Set timing on a 1992 Ford Tempo

I need to se the timing on a 1992 Ford Tempo (4 cylinder, 2.3L, automatic transmission), but I cannot find the timing marks or the flywheel! The manual says that it is on the left side of the engine, but I sure can't see it. Could it be hidden under the air-conditioning? Thanks TJ

Reply to
ajnunes

look close FOCTARD bend over h u r c

Reply to
simpson4532

Left side and right side of the car are always referenced from the drivers seat..... There will be a rubber plug on top of the bell housing (or a hole if the plug is missing). You may have to remove the air filter or such to access the hole...

Reply to
Jim Warman

"ajnunes" wrote

4th picture down.
Reply to
MasterBlaster

Thank you for those pictures. It was actually Fig. 1 that put me on the right track. Much appreciated.

Reply to
ajnunes