shake rattle and role

i have a 89 ford taurus that runs good except when i get it up to 65 miles or more on the freeway the front end shakes and the steering wheel shakes. i replaced the inner and outer tie rods both sides because there were bad. i put new tires on plus had them balance. my cvs are ok and so are my wheels bearings. i did jack my car up to where both wheels were off the ground and then i got it up to 65 mph and it still shakes. i think my ball joints are ok but not sure, can anyone tell me the best way to check them? also does anyone have any ideal what could be causing the probelm? thankyou.

Reply to
Kevin Vereecke

look for a bent wheel, try rotating front to back to find it if need be.

Reply to
Scott M

Kevin Vereecke opined in news: snipped-for-privacy@storefull-3115.bay.webtv.net:

It's a good idea to change your ball joints at that age if they are over 100k

But, if you dont see wobble in the wheel, the problem is with your tires... you need to have them load balanced. Thats pressure on the tire while on the balancer. Ordinary balance deals with weight/mass only. Cant compensate for thick/thin.

Cheap, esp house model/name brand tires like from walmart are very susceptible to assymmetric belt when they are built.

and the Taurus is highly sensitive to that.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic