Shave off some weight

Do to the increase in gas prices all accross the country I would like to shave some weight off of my car. It's a late model Ford Taurus. Leather Interior. Does anyone know how to remove the rear bench seat?
The back seat looks to be above the gas tank. It's one of those split folding rear seats. How does it come out? I am going to remove the rear seat including the front passenger seat. All of the floor mats have been removed except for the drivers.
By any chance is there an aftermarket Carbon Fiber hood for this type of car DOT approved? If it's too expensive I'm not getting it since the whole idea is saving money, not spending it.
I would take it one step further and remove interior trim pieces, like in the trunk. But fear that it might not re-attach so easily after the fact. The interior rear door trim pieces remove too but it might look too ugly without it. I have no idea what the rear seating area will look like after the seat is removed so there is a chance I might as well remove the rear door interior trim pieces.
I'm going to weigh the parts individualy and see how many pounds I am taking off of the car.
Honda saved weight on their accord by not including a spare tire and using "fix a flat" in a can instead. I will not do this. It's best to keep all emergency equipment like the flares, flashlight, and fire extinguisher that I have.
Would anyone know how to remove the rear bench seat? Where does it attach?
East-
Removing the rear seat & Interior trim will increase the noise level in the car. Trim around the doors might invite air leaks.
I doubt removing the parts you made mention of will reduce the weight of the vehicle in order to save gas.
Try changing your driving habits, make sure the car is tuned up and don't drive when you could walk, bike or take the bus to your destination.
Good Luck

Excellent suggestions. Also, make sure that the tires have the proper amount of air. When you have several destinations to go to, go to them in one trip as opposed to going on seperate trips during the course of a day. A hot engine is more efficient than a cold engine.
In general, there is another way to save fuel that applies to most Americans (although it may not apply to you). This other way to decrease the weight in the car will be helped by walking and riding your bike: The less you weigh, the less weight will be in the car. So keep your weight down by eating a healthy diet and getting plenty of excercise. Of course, this will ultimately result in using MORE gas, because you will live longer and be more active over all.
Jeff

Try adding some acetome to your gas. Do an internet search about it. It works for me.
Scott, give me a link to what you have seen about adding this to your gas tank... Tell us more about this.
Gerald