shift lever/gear indicator

The gear lever on my 1990 Grand Marquis 5.0 EFI is starting to wabble. Also, on the dash gear indicator, the needle is getting more and more off center on which gear it is in. It does not slip out of gear.

I remember reading once, I can't remember if it was here, that if you remove the cowl under the stearing wheel column, there is an adjustment located there to tighten this up. Is this correct?

If not, does this have to be down by a transmission mechanic?

Thank you!

Reply to
rudy

Yes

No

mike hunt

rudy wrote:

Reply to
BenDover

Thanks for the confirmation. I finally got around to it today and it turned out to be easier than I thought. The thumbscrew adjustment was a little hard to find under there at first, kind of crowded, but as soon as I found it, a couple of turns moved the needle perfectly.

Thanks again.

Reply to
rudy