Shifting and O2 sensor

I have a 2000 Ford Explorer, 4WD, with about 65000 and I am having some troubles shifting from first to second, and second to third. The problem only occurs after a few minutes of driving. After the car has
warmed up, it shifts hard from first to second and even harder from second to third. After about another 15 miles of driving, the 'Over Drive Off ' light starts blinking, and it starts shifting better, but slower. After my car is off for about an hour or so,it will shift normal again when I drive off (again, only for a few minutes.)
Also, does anyone know where I can find the oxygen sensor on a 2000 explorer? Please help
Thank you!

The O2 sensors are in front of and behind the cat converter. 4 of them on a six or eight cyl.
Will not be related to your shifting problem. When was your transmission fluid last changed (about due for the third time)

akasoul wrote:

You would be smart to start by changing the transmission fluid.
You don't think the O2 sensor is related to this do you? two separate issues? and what makes you think you need to change the o2 sensor?