Shocks for an Aerostar

I'm going to replace my shocks on my '93 Aerostar 3.0. It's just getting to the point where the tires are off the ground more than they're on the ground!
I was wondering if my fellow Aerostarers could help me decide on a shock. I'll be putting them on myself. I want a nice smooth ride, that's the most important thing. I rarely have cargo in the back. In fact I took out the back seats, so that's probably 180lbs less, which in turn probably makes the ride harsher. I want something inexpensive. Performance and handling aren't really an issue for me. I drive it easy.
If I go Monroe then probably the MonroeMatic would do me fine. Comparable to that would be Gabriel's Guardian. Gabriel also has the Proguard which is probably more suited for vans and light trucks. But as I said, I don't haul much so I don't think I'd need it.
Matt

springs on mine. Only had to do it once. With an Aerostar you NEED good shocks - or you are constantly changing springs and tires.
We got a lot of shity roads in this city, Tampa, FL. Not just the pot holes, but just worn out roads that are rocky. Maybe with a better shock my van can handle these roads at higher speeds. Maybe I'll get the ProGuard.