should i buy this truck?

I have a chance to buy a nice loking 3/4 ton 1970 Ford PU w/a 360 and auto trans for just $1000. It seemed to run okay, sounded good, supposedly has 91,000 miles. However, its leaks fluids likes crazy. AT
fluid, engine oil. I am not a mechanic type. There's oil all over then engine from the valve cover gaskets to the complete undercarriage of the truck. Should I even take a chance on this truck? Thanks in advance
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

I suggest you pass.. unless you want to LEARN mechanics, in which case that might be a good starter car to do it. 1000 for the truck, 1000 for various tools and you're set to go.
you pay..DEAL with it!
Backyard Mechanic wrote:

start to leak again in a few years. however they are very long lasting and make good stump pullers.... as for the transmission leaking, a new pan gasket and seals should fix that up.