Shoulder belt mechanism - correction

OK - last post I managed to leave out the make and model of the vehicle. Was wondering if anyone has any idea how much a shoulder belt mechanism costs
for a 96 Escort - or even better, if there is a quick fix for it freezing up halfway across the track. Sorry for the previous post not being complete.
-Mo
MoTheCat wrote:

for a 96 Escort - or even better, if there is a quick fix for it freezing up halfway across the track.

check with the dealer, but the seatbelts should have a lifetime guarantee for all cars... its a federal mandate......
Wow - really? That would be great. I just clled them a little while ago and he just basically gave me the "bring it in and we'll give you an estimate" spiel. Is there a web site with the mandate info?
Thanks in advance!
-Mo
It is myths.and.legends.com ;)
mike hunt