Sierra - Cam Cover Gasket Confusion

I have a ford sierra azura 1.6 (UK) with a CVH engine. The cam gasket is leaking and i wen to buy a new one the other day. The bloke in the local
motor factors handed over a cork gasket, but when i look at the one fitted i noticed it was rubber. I looked into this online and have found that the 1.8 CVH engines use a rubber gasket and the 1.6 CVH engine use a cork one, yet the one fitted is rubber!! could the person fitting the last one cocked it up? can anyone verify that it is a cork one that should be fitted?
Thanks Tony