Sierra Club has a point in Bush\Automakers meeting

Sierra Club is right. Same tired old arguments from the Pres. He is such a hypocrite. His SUV (Air Force One) burns more fossil fuel and dumps more CO, CO2, HCx into the atmosphere in one day on one political trip than your SUV could in 200 years. Furthermore, your ground based SUV polution is absorbed and converted whereas that of the Presidential Jetmobile lingers in the stratosphere for years and does real damage.
The best way to cut down on foreign oil imports is to go for WWII style rationing. You get 5 gallons a week, period in coupons. Burn it with a match or in a Honda 50. Its your choice. The President, in deference to his high position, should be allowed 10 gallons a week.
There is a little flexibility in my perfect plan. If you want more than 5 gallons a week, you can buy some extra gallons from somebody on the open market. College students will make a bundle selling their 5 gallons and walking instead of driving. It favors the rich, who can afford to buy all the gas they want and benefits the poor who get rich selling their gas coupons.
If somebody can come up with a better plan than mine, I'll eat a bug.
Copyright my ass 1984 George Orwell. No rights reserved. This material must be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

That plan is absolutely rediculous. I wouldn't even be able to make it to work and back one day. I work outside. The forest industry is already in the tank, and you want to take more away from me? Balls to you.
He didn't say it was a logical plan, just that it was the best plan HE could come up with LOL
mike

Do a little Google search on Nancy Pelossi's plane. Or Barbara Streisand's motor home that she uses for shopping trips (so, according to her, she doesn't have to use public toilets). I just love liberals.
That's easy, simply buy one of the models, currently on the market, that get 30 or more MPG. There are plenty of them available from every manufacturer.
mike

George Orwell wrote:

Also Mr, "Orwell", check out these two articles (picked at random from a Google search) about Al Gore's "carbon footprint":
http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=nation_world&idP72659
http://www.businessweek.com/innovate/NussbaumOnDesign/archives/2007/02/gores_carbon_fo.html
From one of the articles: "In his documentary, the former Vice President calls on Americans to conserve energy by reducing electricity consumption at home.
"The average household in America consumes 10,656 kilowatt-hours (kWh) per year, according to the Department of Energy. In 2006, Gore devoured nearly 221,000 kWh--more than 20 times the national average.
"Last August alone, Gore burned through 22,619 kWh--guzzling more than twice the electricity in one month than an average American family uses in an entire year. As a result of his energy consumption, Gore's average monthly electric bill topped $1,359.
"Since the release of An Inconvenient Truth, Gore's energy consumption has increased from an average of 16,200 kWh per month in 2005, to 18,400 kWh per month in 2006.
"Gore's extravagant energy use does not stop at his electric bill. Natural gas bills for Gore's mansion and guest house averaged $1,080 per month last year."