Sierra engine swap - and bits for sale

First post - hey everyone.

To cut a very long story short, fate has recently lead me to fall in love with Sierra Sapphires. To cut it even shorter, I have two: a 1992 model

1.8 CVH that was written off (smashed side) but is, in every other way, immaculate, almost show room condition and very low millage. And I have another, 1990 model, with nice body but crap everything else.

So, this weekend I'll be swapping engine, and possibly gearbox, from one to the other, with a little help from someone who hopefully knows what they're doing :) Question is (at short notice I know), has anyone done this on sierras, are there any pitfalls I could walk into? If I decide not to swap the gearbox, is it going to drop off when I slide the engine out as the dreaded haynes manual hints at, buggering up the prop shaft? Is removing, or more specifically replacing the prop shaft a difficult job that might end up with it all misaligned?

At the end of all this, I'll have various parts to dispose of from a radiant red sierra (north uk). Bumpers, glass, wings and wot-not - open to offers. Too good to chuck. Pictures here:

Dan

Reply to
Dan Slatford