Silicone seal?

Last year I changed my gasket on the transmission pan. The new one was made from cork instead of rubber like the original Ford gasket. (1990 Ford
Taurus). Anyway, now it's leaking. Would it be safe to use clear silicone around the outside of the case, instead of removing the pan and putting in a new gasket? Does the tyranny case get hot? Will the silicone be safe-or will it burn up?
Thanks,
Nino
I suggest doing it right and only having to do it once.... the original gasket would have likely been re-usable (all Ford trans pan gaskets are now and they work very well). Even if you get the case and pan perfectly clean, the fluid will leech between the metal and the silicone causing a repeat repair.
HTH