slipping in 2nd?

i have an 88 taurus 3.0 that had its transmission rebuilt, and it slips in second sometimes
almost all of the time when we have taken it to the transmission guy, he
drives it, and it's fine .. i even drove with him, and it was just fine
finally he drove it and it slipped in 2nd
sometimes the transmission acts absolutely perfect sometimes it doesn't
is there anything that could be causing this besides the transmission???
thanks
Transmissions do not heal by themselves. Take the vehicle back to the shop and leave it there until it is properly repaired, WBMA.
mike hunt
Christopher wrote:

The transmission is 100% hydraulic, meaning there is no electronic controls except for torque converter lock up. So if the transmission for the most part shifts correctly there is nothing external that will cause the problem, but I would not hesitate to have the TV cable adjustment double checked. One thing does come to mind, the intermediate band servo is feed by a tube that must be removed on disassembly. If the tube was not put in correctly, fluid leakage can occur causing the slip. If the tube comes out completely you will not have 2nd gear.
My 95 Windstar does the same thing (again, sometimes). This may sound stupid, but what is this "TV cable adjustment" you refer to.

T V = Throttle Valve Cable

Your transmission is electronic, so it does not apply. But to answer the question, the TV cable is a cable that attaches to the throttle and a valve in the valve body. It does the same job as the vacuum modulator. That job is to tell the valve body how much throttle is being applied, thus the name Throttle Valve or TV cable.