Snow Removal

What is the best method to remove Snow without scratching the paint ?

--
Dell Inspiron
Pentium dual-core 2.2 GHz

Move to southern Arizona

Warm water.
Tim J. wrote:

The hotter the better. Be sure to throw it on the windshield first. NOT!!!!!!
On Wed, 09 Dec 2009 13:28:38 -0600, zimpzampzormp

Your windshield is painted? ;-)
Tim J. wrote:

After he throws hot water on it,it will have the transparency of paint. ;-)
On Tue, 15 Dec 2009 23:16:52 -0600, zimpzampzormp

You were the only one talking about windshields. The OP asked about removing snow without scratching the PAINT, IOW, how to remove it from the body surfaces. To remove snow from glass, a simple ice scraper will suffice, but that wasn't what was asked.
Tim J. wrote:

After the op asked about removing snow from the paint another poster suggested warm water. I was only saying that this would probably get warm water on the glass, thus causing it to shatter into a million beads of glass that would only be held together by the adhesive between the sheets of glass. I hope the op took it as that because there is a good chance that if the op took the warm water advice that they would just throw it on the car, windshield and all, thus causing it to shatter. Believe it or not, I had a neighbor who thought he could remove the ice, 3 inches of it, by throwing a bucket of HOT water on it. Needless to say he walked to work that there day. :-p
On Wed, 16 Dec 2009 15:01:12 -0600, zimpzampzormp

Yeah, that's why I said WARM, not HOT. I've done it for years on numerous cars and haven't shattered a single piece of glass.

I've also used very warm (about 120 F.) tap water on & off for years to remove solid ice on the windows and never had any cracking or shattering.
On Wed, 16 Dec 2009 15:01:12 -0600, zimpzampzormp

which is harder to remove than snow - and frozen doorlocks and weatherstrips.

I use a soft bristle push broom up here in Ontario.
On Wed, 16 Dec 2009 21:27:53 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

Your experiences differ from mine. Down south, we rarely get snow without some measure of ice. Warm water is the only way to get the doors unstuck and clear the locks.

You don't get SNOW, you get SNAIN. Or SNICE
On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 15:48:19 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

I prefer FRIZZLE, FRAIN, SNEET, and "Oh please, not that shit again!"
As I typed this, the weather alarm just went off for yet another Winter Weather Advisery. I'm about ready to move back to Florida.
WINTER SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
zimpzampzormp wrote:

Global Warming :-)
--
Civis Romanus Sum

desgnr wrote:

A warm garage.
"desgnr" wrote...

You're cooling your computer with snow? I've heard of liquid-cooled systems but that seems to be going too far.
I'd have to suggest removing the paint before applying the snow. Then the snow can be removed without scratching the paint.
You'd be better off with photoshop anyway, you'll never look at paint the same way again.
- Chris
desgnr wrote:

hire your neighbor